RENAULT, established in 1898, is a multinational, multibrand group that sold 3.8 million vehicles, cars and vans, in 125 countries in 2016.
Headquartered in Boulogne-Billancourt, the Groupe Renault is made up of the namesake Renault brand and subsidiaries, Dacia from Romania,Lada from Russia and Renault Samsung Motors from South Korea. Renault has a 43.4% controlling stake in Nissan of Japan, a 80% controlling stake in Renault Samsung Motors, a 37,25% stake in AvtoVAZ of Russia, and a 1.55% stake in Daimler AG of Germany. In 2016 Nissan acquired a controling interest in Mitsubishi. In septembre 2017, the Alliance adopted its new name Renault Nissan Mitbushi and presented his common strategic plan for 2022.
Renault also owns subsidiaries RCI Bank & Services (automotive financing), Renault Retail Group (automotive distribution) and Motrio (automotive parts).
Renault SAS activities can be synthesized in two domains :
1. Automotive, including the design, engineering, production and distribution of products through a sales network (among others, by the Renault Retail Group subsidiary):
- New vehicles with several ranges (PC, LCV and EV) under 3 brands: Renault, Dacia and Renault Samsung Motors. Vehicles manufactured by Dacia and RSM are sold under the Renault brand in some countries, and some Renault vehicles are sold under other Group's brands. Renault is leader for electric vehicles in Europe.
- Used vehicles, spare parts and accessories
- The Renault powertrain range, a B2B activity
2. Services, including sales financing, rental, maintenance, service contracts and connected services.
These shareholdings are accounted for in the Group's accounts.
Renault Corporate Sales
Created in 1999 and present in 42 countries, the Renault Corporate Sales Direction partners businesses in the management of their vehicle fleets. It relies on Renault's leadership position with professional customers in France and on international expertise, ranking top three in Europe.
The Corporate Sales Division brings our customers flexible service addressing their specific needs around the world. The Division works with more than 160 multinational companies worldwide.
The advantages of the Division include a network of 14 international key account experts, a global partnership with a single, multi-country contract, and the possibility of easily extending our customers' contracts to new markets and expanding their vehicle range.