We have a new carbon emission commitment.
We need to do more than introduce electric cars, we need to live the environmental principles as a responsible company:
* From our factories
* Our batteries
* Our suppliers
* Our approaches
We need to reach the highest levels of sustainability. We will do so by recharging our company, our industry and everything we do through long term measurable commitments.
Protecting what matters.
Volvo Cars launches one of the auto industry's most ambitious plans, to reduce its lifecycle carbon footprint per car by 40% between 2018 and 2025.
The plan is the first tangible step towards Volvo Cars' aim to become climate neutral by 2040 and represents concrete actions in line with the global Paris Climate Agreement.
This will include the following ambitions:
* 50% reduction in tailpipe carbon emissions per vehicle
* 25% reduction per car in supply chain carbon emissions
* 25% reduction per car in operational carbon emissions, including from manufacturing and logistics
Volvo Cars introduces the XC40 Recharge, the company's first ever fully electric car and the first model in its new Recharge car line concept.
* 20% of sales to be PHEVs in 2020
* 50% of sales to be BEVs by 2025, the other 50% to be hybrids
VOLVO ELECTRFICATION STRATEGY.
Volvo Cars aims:
* One new electric Volvo every year for the next five years starting with the new XC40 Recharge
* Reward our customers usage of Pure Electric in our plug-in hybrid cars and charging with renewable energy (Europe programme starting 20w17)
* 50% of all our new cars sold to be electric by 2025
CURRENT ELECTRIFICATION RANGE
XC40, S60, V60, XC60, S90, V90, XC90
XC40, S60, V60, S90, V90 (2020)
EMEA CUSTOMER OFFER ( from 2020 week 17)
* Data shows that the Volvo plug-in hybrids in our main European markets are already driven in pure or hybrid mode for 40% of the total distance.
* We want to encourage all our customers to increase their amount of driving in electrified mode.
* The share of electrified driving (kWh consumed) will therefore be made visible in Volvo on Call to promote driving in electrified mode as from 20w17 (to be confirmed).
* Plug-in drivers will also be offered monetary compensation for the electricity used by their car in the first year. Terms & conditions will apply.