Brazil's vehicle sales increase seen continuing in 2019 - Fenabrave
This follows three consective years of improved sales in the country. In 2018, new automobile and LCV sales were up 13.7% to 2.47mn from 2.17mn.
The federation actually bumped up their forecast four times in 2018. "We started the year expecting a more moderate increase. However, with improvements in the economy and consumer confidence throughout the year, the performance of the automotive sector ended up being higher than expected," says the executive.
1. GM Chevrolet with 433,955 units and 17.6% market share.
2. Volkswagen (366,931 units and 14.9% share)
3. Fiat (325,760 units and 13.2% share)
4. Ford (226,456 units and 9.2% share)
5. Renault (214,929 units and 8.7% share)