Tania Mijas is the first Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year
Tania Mijas, Senior Category Lead Travel, Fleet, Congresses, Meetings and Events for the Americas at Hoffmann La Roche - Genentech has been announced the winner of the first-ever Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year Award.
Announced by Eduardo Canicoba, AVP Business Development and Brazil Country Lead at global telematics specialist and award sponsor Geotab, Ms. Mijas was awarded the title at the end of the Fleet LatAm Conference on Tuesday (21 September, 2021), the 4th edition of the event entitled "International Fleet Management Simplified". It was attended by more than 400 fleet and mobility decision makers and professionals from Latin America and beyond.
Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year
The Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year Award recognises the outstanding achievements of corporate vehicle fleet managers with a responsibility across Latin America. The winner is the person or the team that has a responsibility over the vehicle fleet programme of a multinational company in Latin America. This person has best shown the deployment of a programme that combines the strengths of fleet procurement efficiency and supplier management, paying attention to innovation and respecting the overall business strategy of the company.
A jury of fleet professionals evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of all candidates, considering assessment criteria such as car policy harmonisation, selection and management of business partners and suppliers, knowledge and control of TCO, KPIs and fleet management results, degree of innovation in safety, sustainability and mobility, stakeholder satisfaction and personal contribution.
The Jury of the 2021 Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year
· Regina Granados, CEO Mexico, LeasePlan
· Kent Bjertrup, Regional Director Latin America, ALD Automotive
· Ricardo de Bolle, Global Business Development Director Latin America, Arval
· Rodrigo Monroy, Sourcing Manager US Corporate Services, Novartis
· Carlos Castillo, Global Vice President, Marketplace, Geotab
· Pascal Serres, Chairman Fleet LatAm Business Networking Group, Fleet LatAm
· Daniel Bland, Editor Americas and Fleet LatAm, Global Fleet
· Steven Schoefs, Editor-in-chief, Global Fleet and Fleet LatAm
Five finalists for the 2021 Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year Award
· Claudia Roa Fragoso, Regional Fleet Manager Latin America, The Sherwin Williams Company
· David Trujillo, EHS Regional Manager Latin America, MSD
· Mariana Sonobe Costa Lins, Fleet Service Delivery Manager Latin America, Syngenta
· Paula Diniz Oliveira, Global Head of Fleet, Zoetis
· Tania Mijas, Senior Category Lead Travel, Fleet, Congresses, Meetings and Events Manager - Americas, Hoffmann La Roche - Genentech
After a final round where the five nominees presented their vehicle fleet programme across Latin America and answered questions of the jury members, Tania Mijas of Hoffmann La Roche - Genentech was elected 2021 Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year. Ms. Mijas, who manages a fleet of 950 vehicles across 9 countries, convinced the jury of her long-term strategy, showing them that she has successfully built a regional strategy with respect for global corporate guidelines and governance and execution in the regions with local flexibility. She also demonstrated a hands-on cost-efficient vehicle fleet management approach with room for innovation in sustainability and mobility.
Congratulations to all the five finalists, and to Tania Mijas in particular from Global Fleet, Fleet LatAm, and sponsor Geotab!