Data Private Policy Nexus Communication
Body responsible for handling data
The data is handled by Nexus Communication S.A.
To contact us :
Address: Complexe Arrobas, Parc Artisanal 11-13, 4671 Blegny-Barchon, Belgium
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy applies to:
- Readers of our newsletters
- Clients having purchased one or more advertising spots, or having purchased a paying publication called advertorial (hereafter ‘clients’)
- Visitors to our events
- Our exhibitors and sponsors
- Our speakers, experts and partners
- To persons prospected by ourselves or who express an interest in our products or services.
- To persons having one of these status in the past.
What types of data do we handle?
We may handle the following types of data, depending on our relationship with you:
- Name, first name, sex
- Postal address, fixed/and or mobile telephone number, e-mail address
- If you are a professional: The contact details of your company (postal address, fixed/and or mobile telephone number, e-mail address, billing address), your company registration and VAT numbers
- The data collected when the User registers on the Websites and/or when ordering: the full name, legal address of your company, billing address, email address, telephone number, and the function performed by the User within the company in which he carries out his professional activity, profile (buyer or supplier), level of responsibility at international level (local, international, pan-European, regional, global), number of vehicles managed by the individual, business sector, date of birth.
- Any information exchanged between NEXUS and the User when replying to questions asked by NEXUS during an interview, for an article or for a survey
- Any information exchanged between NEXUS and the User, including by email, about the fulfilment of orders or contracts;
- The bank details that are collected during online payment transactions referred to in Article 5 of the NEXUS Special Terms and Conditions for e-commerce (General Conditions of Sales).
- The type of relationship/status you have with us (see above)
- The products and services in which you have expressed an interest or for which you have requested a quotation
- The products and services which you have purchased and information relative to the order
- The Newsletters to which you have subscribed
- The date on which the information was recorded and the source
Information coming from third parties
We may also use information supplied by external partners or data providers in order to contact you for reasons of prospecting. Additionally, we may use information from third parties to correct, complete or update your personal details or to draw up marketing profiles.
If you are contacted by Nexus Communication within the framework of a commercial operation, and in a case where you have not communicated your personal details to us, you can always contact us to know from which external partner we have received your personal details.
Exclusively with regard to our activities outside of the European Union, we may also gather information about you which comes from external databases (for example, our partner Connector if you are located in Asia) in order to update your details or send you personalised advertising material.
For what objectives do we use your personal details and what is the legal basis for using them?
With your authorisation (legal basis: article 6a of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
- When you ask us questions via our website
- To send you newsletters to which you have subscribed
- To send you direct marketing material via e-mail (or via any other channel for which the law requires that we obtain your consent)
- To send you newsletters or other direct marketing communication based on your implicit consent if you are an existing client and you have communicated your e-mail address to us.
Any consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us according to the procedure set out in the paragraph ‘exercising your rights’.
Within the framework of requesting proposals or in the execution of your contract (legal basis: article 6b of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
- To make a contract proposition to you, to conclude, execute and monitor contract(s) concluded with you (contract management)
- To manage external events in which you participate as a client, visitor, exhibitor, sponsor, speaker, expert or partner
- For security management during events
- For accounting, dispute, fraud and legal procedures management, the recovery or transfer of debts and the protection of our rights in general.
When we have a legitimate interest, within the context of our marketing activities. In this case, we always take care to achieve a balance with respect for your private life (legal basis: article 6f of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
- In order to contact you for the purposes of marketing our products and services, potentially on the basis of your marketing profile
- To carry out studies, tests and analyses (including client or market studies) with a view to improving our products, our internal procedures and our overall service
- In order to draw up statistical or trend analyses for reasons of financial or marketing management or for reporting
- In order to prevent or combat any potential fraud or infringement.
In order to comply with current legal obligations to which we are subject (legal basis: article 6c of the regulation on private life)
In certain cases, we are also subject to legal obligations imposing the handling and/or transmission of certain elements of personal data to administrations or institutions as set out by law.
Can your personal data be passed to third parties?
Your personal data can be passed to third parties in the following cases:
- To our sub-contractors within the framework of services carried out on our behalf (for example external call centres, advertising agencies, information service providers, clouds) and only based on our instruction.
- To our partners and sponsors in relation to an event, a webinar, a publication or any downloadable document. In such case, we will ask you for your explicit consent to do so and will only share the necessary information for them to contact you in the specific contest of aforementioned event, webinar, publication or downloadable document
Transfer of data outside of the European Union.
If you are located in Europe, your data will not be transferred outside of the European Union.
From Belgium, we can manage the data of persons located outside of the European Union. In these cases, your data benefit from the same protection as that of persons located within the European Union.
How long do we keep your data?
3 years from the date you are recorded in our database
10 years following your last purchase
Visitors to events
10 years following your last visit
Exhibitors and/or sponsors
10 years following your last participation
Speakers, experts, partners
Your details remain recorded in our database as long as you continue to exercise the function for which you were recorded in it
Readers of our newsletters
3 years after you last opened the newsletter OR 3 years from the date when you subscribed to our newsletter
How do we protect your data?
Your data is handled in total confidentiality. We take all the necessary technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
What are your rights? How can you exercise them?
In accordance with the legislation on private life, you have the right to access and to correct your data.
You also have the right to ask to be forgotten, in cases set out by the law.
In a case of dispute relative to the handling of your data, you can ask for a suspension of the handling of your data until the dispute is resolved.
Finally, you also have the right to data portability.
Your right to object
At any time and without the need to justify this, you have the right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes and to the use of marketing profiles based on your data. You also have the right to object to your data being passed to third parties for the same purposes of direct marketing.
To exercise these rights:
You should send us a written request, along with a proof of your identity, to the following address: Nexus Communication S.A. / Complexe Arrobas, Parc Artisanal 11-13, 4671 Blegny-Barchon, Belgium or by e-mail: email@example.com
You also have recourse to the Commission for the Protection of Private Life at this address:
Address: boîte postale n° 4, Bruxelles, 37, 1000 Brussels
Telephone: +32 (0) 221 385 40
Fax: 0032 (0) 221 385 65
NEXUS is entered under registration number: HM003032780, and has provided information about its files to this Commission under number VT005072359.