At Volvo Cars, we work to keep people and businesses moving. Every car, technology, service and design is the result of our passion to make life less complicated and more enjoyable for our customers. A part of this focus is aimed at solving some of the challenges of modern business life by making it more productive and sustainable.
That's why we invest in the future of mobility, a future that gives you and your business the freedom to move. This ambition is guided by our three visions for personal, sustainable and safe mobility:
- Every new Volvo car will give back one week of quality time per year by 2025
- 50% of the cars we build will be fully electric by 2025
- No one should be seriously injured or killed in a new Volvo car by 2020
Our electrification strategy: From 2019, all newly launched Volvo models will include either a hybrid or fully electric motor - ideal to help lower your CO2 emissions and improve your corporate social responsibility. One of the most comprehensive and ambitious electrification strategies in the automotive industry, it places sustainability at the core of Volvo Cars' future business - with a portfolio of electrified cars to be introduced across our model range.
These cars will be mild hybrids, plug-in hybrids - such as our current Twin Engine range - or fully electric vehicles. Regardless of the car, our intent is clear: to show our commitment to a future where mobility is cleaner and more sustainable than ever before.
Our electrification timeline:
2019: all newly launched cars will be electrified or fully electric
2020: 10% of global sales electrified
2021: 5 fully electric cars in production - three Volvo car models and two Polestar car models
2025: 50% of sales to be fully electric
A leader within automotive safety:
Our safety vision for 2020 is bold and clear, and we have lots of proof that we are making good progress. We consistently achieve top scores in safety tests like Euro NCAP and the American IIHS. Our leadership in safety also means that we are a brand you will be able to trust within the area of autonomous drive.
Volvo car range:
- XC90: SUV DE Segment 56-192 g/km CO2
- XC60: SUV C Segment 48-181 g/km CO2 (Awarded World Car of the Year 2018)
- XC40: SUV B Segment 127-168 g/km CO2 (Awarded European Car of the Year 2018)
- V90: DE Segment 46-181 g/km CO2
- New V60: CD Segment 44-176 g/km CO2
- V40: C Segment 118-145 g/km CO2
- V90 CROSS COUNTRY: DE Segment 139-183 g/km CO2
- New V60 Cross Country: CD Segment 135-143 g/km CO2
- V40 CROSS COUNTRY: C Segment 121-140 g/km CO2
- S90: DE Segment 46-179 g/km CO2
- New S60: CD Segment 149-155 g/km CO2
The CO2 emission figures are according to the NEDC driving cycle.
Car ownership designed around your business:
We make buying and owning Volvo cars simple, easy and enjoyable for the business as well as the driver. Our service offering includes a dedicated account manager, whatever the size of your business; business-friendly finance packages; informative and insightful fleet information resources.