David Trujillo of MSD is the Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year 2022
David Alejandro Trujillo, EHS Manager for the Latam region of multinational pharmaceutical company MSD, was awarded the title of 2022 Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year this evening (20 September), wrapping up the Fleet LatAm Conference in Mexico City.
Responsible for 2,035 vehicles spread out through 14 Latam countries, the award was announced by Sean Killen who is Vice President of the Latin America region for global telematics specialists GEOTAB. Mr. Trujillo succeeds Tania Mijas who was elected the first Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year in 2021.
During the evening, Fleet LatAm also awarded its first-ever Fleet LatAm Innovator of the Year Award to Samuel Pérez who is MAZ Control Tower Manager for international brewery company AB InBev. Mr. Pérez manages 7,160 vehicles in eight Latam countries and his award was also handed out by Mr. Killen. GEOTAB was the official awards sponsor for the evening.
The conference was attended by 200 fleet and mobility decision makers and professionals which have business across Latin America.
Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year
The Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of corporate vehicle fleet managers with a responsibility across Latin America, taking fleet procurement efficiency, supplier management, innovation, and the overall business strategy of the company into consideration.
A jury of nine fleet professionals evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of all candidates, considering assessment criteria such as car policy, supplier management, TCO control, KPI results, innovation, safety, sustainability, mobility, stakeholder satisfaction, and personal contribution. Five finalists were nominated.
The Five Finalists
- David Trujillo, EHS Regional Manager Latin America, MSD
- Samuel Pérez, MAZ Control Tower Manager, AB-Inbev
- Claudia Roa Fragoso, Regional Fleet Manager Latam, The Sherwin Williams Company
- Alfredo Luna Leon, SHEQ North Latam Director, Linde
- Karla Beltran, Sourcing Manager North America Fleet, Schneider Electric
After a final round where the five nominees presented their vehicle fleet programs across Latin America and answered questions during a collective jury interview, David Trujillo of MSD (pictured left) and Samuel Pérez came out on top, convincing jury members of their regional strategy all while respecting global corporate guidelines and governance.
Mr Trujillo of MSD was praised for the implementation of a fleet strategy with a strong balance between procurement goals, cost savings and TCO reporting on the one hand, and initiatives in driver safety and fleet sustainability on the other. Mr Pérez of AB InBev (pictured right) demonstrated how technology in general and connectivity and telematics in particular bring additional value to AB InBev's fleet performance as Fleet LatAm Innovator of the year.
The jury would like to congratulate the winners and the finalists for their vehicle fleet management performance!
- Sean Killen, Vice President Latin America region, GEOTAB
- Kent Bjertrup, Regional Director Latin America, ALD Automotive
- Regina Granados, CEO Mexico, LeasePlan
- Manuel Tamayo, Country Head Mexico, Element Fleet Management
- Joao Andrade, Managing Director, Localiza Fleet Solutions
- Tania Mijas, Global Procurement Expert and 2021 Fleet LatAm Manager of the Year
- Pascal Serres, Chairman Fleet LatAm Business Networking Group, Fleet LatAm
- Steven Schoefs, Editor-in-chief, Fleet LatAm and Global Fleet
- Daniel Bland, Fleet LatAm Editor and Editor of the Americas for Global Fleet