Element-Arval: Strong value proposition, strong growth
The Element-Arval Alliance is anchored on Arval, with its centre of gravity in Europe; and Element, whose main theatre of operations is North America. A number of partnerships extends the alliance's reach to South America, Southern Africa and Asia/Pacific. In all, it has a footprint of over 3 million vehicles in more than 50 countries.
Members and geography
- Arval is the vehicle leasing and fleet management subsidiary of France-based international banking group BNP Paribas. It is present in 21 European markets, plus Morocco, Russia and Turkey, India and China, and three Latin-American markets (Brazil, Chile and Peru).
- Element is a fleet management company operating in North America (US, Canada and Mexico) and Australasia (Australia and New Zealand).
- Avis Fleet is the fleet management subsidiary of the global rental company Avis. The alliance collaborates with Avis Fleet in South Africa, neighbouring countries (Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland) and countries farther away (Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana).
- MareAuto, a part of the Maresa Corporation now operating under the Avis Rent A Car franchise, is a major car rental and leasing company with a presence in both Colombia and Ecuador.
- RDA is a leasing and fleet management company with a presence in Argentina and Uruguay.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Auto Service provides lease and fleet management services in Japan and Thailand.
- Fleet Partner is a lease company operating on the Serbian market.
- The Johnson & Perrott Motor Group is one of Ireland’s leading motor retailers. The Group has interests in vehicle hire, motor dealerships and fleet management.
- The alliance partners support their clients on their journey to a truly globalised fleet. They do not suddenly become a global customer.
- All alliance members subscribe to a common value proposition, structured in several key areas, that include a single point of contact for all countries in scope, global reporting tools capturing all fleet data, dedicated consulting support on a global scale – combined with regional and local expertise.
- As the objective is to serve clients as efficiently and seamlessly as possible, a single centralised team with full mandate to act on behalf of alliance members leads the client strategy.
In recent years, the number of companies considering a truly global fleet approach has increased significantly. The alliance currently works in partnership with several multinationals, across numerous regions.
The global value proposition reflects the alliance's USP:
- Single point of contact
- Global consulting capabilities available in all regions
- Global reporting tools capturing fleet data and info across the world
- A unique contractual frame, covering all Element-Arval Alliance members
- Agreed individual service level agreements viable for all countries in scope
- Dedicated and structured implementation plans, managed and coordinated centrally
The alliance has seen 30% growth in the last two years. Whilst that growth manifests itself less in the Asia/Pacific region, the alliance looks towards companies based in the US and the EMEA region as sources for continued growth.